- Two years of full-time pastoral experience.
- Mentoring from pastors with a combined 50 years of ministry experience.
- No support raising! Full-time salary and benefits.
- Partial scholarship toward the final year of seminary.
Hear from Clay (2018-20)
"I am very grateful that I started out in pastoral ministry at Creekside. I learned a great deal from the pastors, grew as a person, and was embraced by the Creekside family. I draw on my experience in the residency regularly, and I would recommend it to anyone seeking a healthy place to learn pastoral ministry."
More About the Program
What is it?
The Pastoral Residency is a two-year pastoral position designed to train and equip the next generation of pastors. This program provides male seminary graduates the opportunity to contribute to Creekside's pastoral ministry with an abundance of mentoring and development.
Why Creekside's Residency?
The Pastoral Residency, a paid position with full benefits - no support raising! Our small-church environment provides many leadership opportunities, including travel to international partnerships.
The Ideal Candidate
Successful candidates for the pastoral residency will be male M.Div students who demonstrate a commitment to following Christ, ministry leadership ability, a heart for serving the local church, and academic excellence.
Creekside is currently hiring a resident to begin in June 2023. Applications and recommendations will be accepted until February 20, 2023.
In addition to your résumé, please create a document, not to exceed five single-spaced pages in length, with information outlined in the section below, and email it to Michael Roop.
- Your Name
- Spouse’s Name & Children’s Names (if applicable)
- Phone Number(s)
- Preferred Email Contact
- Current GPA in the M.Div program
- Anticipated Graduation Date
- Tell us about your journey of faith.
- How have you been involved in your local church – past and present?
- What is something you have learned recently from the Word of God?
- What has God been teaching you lately?
- Read any good books lately (other than the Bible)? Tell us about one or two of them.
- What do you like to do for fun?
- List your educational background.
- Tell us about any awards you have received throughout your educational experience.
- List your work experience.
- In what ways have you or are you currently demonstrating leadership?
- How would you describe your strengths and weaknesses?
- What is your current area of focus in the MDiv program?
- Tell us about your sense of calling. Where and how do you sense God is directing you to serve Him after graduation from Trinity?
We require two recommendations to accompany the application. Please coordinate with a professor and a pastor who know you well. Have them complete the online reference form.