Equipping the next generation of pastors for healthy, long-term ministry.
- Two years of broad, full-time pastoral experience.
- Mentoring from pastors with a combined 50 years of ministry experience.
- Full-time salary and benefits. No support raising!
- Partial scholarship toward the final year of seminary.
- Assistance with long-term placement at the end of the program.
More about the Residency
What is it?
The Creekside Pastoral Residency is a two-year mentoring program designed to train and equip the next generation of pastors. Believing the local church is the hope of the world, Creekside seeks to provide seminary graduates with a healthy church environment to learn, grow, and practice ministry after completing their degree. The Pastoral Residency is a paid position with full benefits that provides a wide-range of potential ministry opportunities suited to each resident’s gifts, abilities, and eventual ministry focus, with multiple opportunities for mentorship available.
Who is Creekside?
Creekside is an Evangelical Free Church located in Gainesville, FL. For 50 years, Creekside has been a church devoted to the teaching of the Scriptures. We are on mission together to love God and others, grow in Christ and community, and reach our neighbors and the nations. As a church of 250 in a university town, Creekside is uniquely positioned to be a home for those in all stages of life.
What is expected?
Pastoral residents will be male M.Div graduates who demonstrate a commitment to following Christ, ministry leadership ability, a heart for serving the local church, and academic excellence. Those selected for Creekside’s Pastoral Residency receive a partial scholarship for their final year at TEDS and commit to moving to Gainesville, FL, upon completion of their degree, where they will serve at Creekside as a pastoral resident for two years.
I'm interested. Now what?
Our next resident will begin June 2022. For those interested, complete the application process (outlined below). Interviews while be scheduled during the spring semester of 2021, and one finalist will be selected to visit Creekside later that semester.
We require two recommendations to accompany the application. Please coordinate with a professor at TEDS and your pastor — either in Chicago or at your home church. Have them complete the online reference form.
We will communicate with all applicants early in the spring semester of 2021. We will coordinate with all applicants selected for an interview to set up a one-hour interview in person or via Zoom (depending on current COVID guidelines).
Pending current COVID guidelines, finalists will be invited to a second interview at Creekside in the spring 2021. Pastoral resident will be selected by the end of May 2021.
- Your Name
- Spouse’s Name & Children’s Names (if applicable)
- Phone Number(s)
- Preferred Email Contact
- Current GPA in the M.Div program
- Anticipated Graduation Date from Trinity
- List your educational background.
- Tell us about any awards you have received throughout your educational experience.
- List your work experience.
- In what ways have you or are you currently demonstrating leadership?
- How would you describe your strengths and weaknesses?
- Tell us about your journey of faith.
- How have you been involved in your local church – past and present?
- What is something you have learned recently from the Word of God?
- What has God been teaching you lately?
- Read any good books lately (other than the Bible)? Tell us about one or two of them.
- What do you like to do for fun?
- What is your current area of focus in the MDiv program?
- Tell us about your sense of calling. Where and how do you sense God is directing you to serve Him after graduation from Trinity?